4 Terms That Set GOEX Apart From Other Apparel CompaniesRebecca Miller
August 16, 2019
GOEX is not your ordinary apparel company. We exist solely to improve the lives of the workers and communities we touch. We are proud to be an ethical company and want to share what that means to us by defining a few important terms that set us apart below.
1.) Ethical – A term used to describe a company’s commitment to applying responsible practices in all aspects of their business.
- It is important to us that we are ethical in everything we do, from how we obtain our fabric, all the way to print and distribution from our shop. This term means that by supporting our company, you are part of changing the lives of children and families domestically and internationally.
2.) Fair Trade – A trading partnership between businesses and suppliers based on dialogue, transparency and respect, with the intention to improve the labor conditions and quality of life for marginalized producers in production supply chains.
- Fair Trade means a lot of things to a lot of different people. But if we get down to the nitty gritty, it means “better”. Better standards, better treatment of employees, better pay, better conditions, just better. At GOEX, we seek to do better in everything we do to support better lives for children and families.
- We are proud to say GOEX is one of the elite few who have passed the Fair Trade Federation’s (FTF) rigorous screening!
- GOEX is a member and abides by the workplace code of conduct of the Fair Labor Association (FLA), an initiative including companies, universities, and non-governmental organizations working together to improve workers’ lives.
3.) Strong Jobs – Not just a job, but a strong job. A strong job means workers are able to support themselves and their family with what they earn.
- We believe the best form of orphan care is orphan prevention, and the best form of orphan prevention is a strong job.
- It’s important to us that our workers in our KC print shop and Port-Au-Prince Life S.A. facility make wages comparable to their location and are able to support themselves and their family.
- Daily wages at Life S.A., our apparel manufacturing facility, are 65% higher than the sector minimum and our employees have the ability to earn 140%+ of minimum based on production. All operators are paid the same rate based on production and time worked regardless of age or sex.
4.) Sustainable – Production with purpose that goes beyond simply making a tee or high quality print and aims to minimally impact the environment.
- We must value the producers, empower the workers, defend the rights of children AND be mindful of the earth while doing it. There are three key ways GOEX implements healthy sustainable, environmental practices.
- 1. Responsible Sourcing
- 2. Responsible Use
- 3. Responsible Waste
- A better t-shirt starts with better raw materials. Our tri-blend shirts are made from U.S-grown cotton, recycled polyester and rayon. Every tri-blend shirt contains the equivalent of approximately five plastic water bottles!
- Mega-factory shirts will typically travel 16,000 miles in their production journey — leaving toxic oil residue in the ocean. Our cotton is sourced right here in the U.S., shipped only 500 miles to Haiti to be sewn into shirts and shipped back to the U.S. for sale, leaving a much smaller carbon footprint than the traditional tee.
Read more on how we cultivate environmental stewardship.
These terms mean a lot to us at GOEX and we hope you take them into consideration when deciding which blank tee you select or which screen print shop you support because by making this simple decision, you have the ability to change the course of lives.
Shop tees made with you in mind.
We’d love to get you started with a better basic tee today! Choose from our many styles, colors, and fits to make the perfect garment for your next group event — something you can feel proud to wear. Browse our Digital Catalog today!