I cannot believe that 2022 is coming to a close. We started this year still struggling with supply chain but hopeful for a year of stabilization and growth for the business and for our team. And despite all the challenges in Haiti and in the US economy, we saw incredible growth in 2022! We are SO grateful to our community for your ongoing support! Below are some thoughts as we reflect on 2022 and look to 2023.
As we started the year, we had four resolutions we shared with you:
- Thankfully, as we moved into 2nd quarter, supply chain loosened and we started building inventory. We can share that we’re closing out 2022 with 100,000 more garments on the shelves than when we started! This means we’re in a better spot than ever to service our clients with excellence!
- Build deeper connections between clients & makers. We hope you enjoyed the Instagram lives we hosted throughout the year, the stories from our team on Mother’s & Father’s Days and the updates Ariane provided regarding the political & social instability in Haiti and what that means for the team. To all of you who sent words of encouragement, donated to provide additional food for the holidays or placed an extra order to keep everyone working, THANK YOU! If you don’t feel connected to our mission, I’d love to hear from you! Please share your ideas on how we can better engage you and others in our community!
- Get local! https://goexapparel.com/apps/store-locator We love designing to support local retailers! In 2022, we doubled the number of boutiques around the country carrying GOEX graphic tees. Check out this map that shows you where to find our product near you:
- Build a Best in Class Team. We believe in ongoing investment in our team so they can serve you with excellence! Both in Haiti and the US, we invest in both training and fun so our employees can do their jobs with excellence and enjoy one another in the process. We hope you see the fruits of those efforts in every garment and print we send you. And when we don’t live up to your expectations, please let us know so we can both make it right and learn from the mistakes.
So what do we have planned for 2023?
- Grow! With the shelves full and our capacity expanded, we are ready to service rapid growth in 2023. The more shirts we sell, the more jobs we sustain. But we need your help! Please consider referring new customers to us! We provide garments to any type of organization – from manufacturers to banks, family reunions to schools, local boutiques to national non-profits – the list of potential clients is endless. If you know someone who purchases custom apparel, we would like the opportunity to earn their business. And coming this spring, we’re going to reward you for those referrals – stay tuned!
- Support and Promote Fair Trade We know we cannot fix the apparel industry on our own! This work requires an army of educators, consumers, businesses, manufacturers and more. What we can do is our part! We can link arms with those in our community and help grow the movement. Watch for even more collaborations, giveaways and co-branded goods in 2023 as we work to be a tailwind to others! One of our favorite things is customer spotlights – if you purchase from us, please send in pics of your tees so we can share the and celebrate that you’re part of our Fair Trade family!
- Listen We want to hear from you! What do you want to know? What do you think about our brand, our product, our partners? How can we better support you? What products or services could we provide that would make your life easier or meet your needs? Send us an email. Leave a product review. Give us a call. Stop by and visit. Ping us on social media. We love hearing from you and we want to hear more!
- Stay Creative Watch for new collections from our creative team! We love creating designs your customers will love. Many of you get inspiration from our graphics collections and trend reports – watch for more of all of that in 2023. In addition, we’re pushing our fabric supplier and ink suppliers to stay on top of innovation and sustainable options and we look forward to sharing those things as they become available!